Sunday, October 23, 2011

Carrie Morse likes Rescue Chocolate

The Vegan Person I Like today is Carrie Morse! Carrie is a lady who I met while living in Philadelphia and who I have known for a lot of years now! We bonded over a love of vegan food and pit bulls (which we both share our lives with). She is also a great cook and baker and I highly recommend wrangling an invite to any potluck that she's going to be a part of! Carrie is also known as Supercarrot and you can click that link there to find out how much cool stuff she's involved in.

Also, Carrie's husband, Scott, (oh, they had such a lovely and delicious vegan wedding!) is involved in the 8-Big Brigade Child's Play Fundraiser, so click there to learn more!

The Vegan Thing Carrie Likes is Rescue Chocolate's Peanut Butter Pit Bull!

i was always a huge fan of whatchamacallits in my younger years, and since going vegan, i've relied on luna bar's nutz over chocolate for my PB/crispy fix. it wasn't exactly what i needed, but it was suitable. then along comes rescue chocolate's peanut butter pit-bull. it was exactly what i needed. it has the perfect salt to sweet ratio, and the chocolate doesn't overwhelm the PB. at room temperature, it's sufficiently solid to hold it's shape. (nobody likes a floppy chocolate bar) the peanut butter has some grit to it, which adds to the fun in your mouth. unlike the whatchamacallit, the peanut butter pit bull doesn't have caramel, but that's okay. it was more the crispy peanut butter that i was yearning for, and this candy bar answers it like a champ.

another great thing about rescue chocolate is that they donate 100% of all net profits to animal rescue organizations (the peanut butter pit bull focuses on healing the negative image of pibbles) and living with a pittie myself, i feel it's my duty to eat as many of these candy bars as i can.


I'm so glad to be able to post a great review of these! I've really wanted to try these and support vegan chocolate makers AND pit bull rescue, but I'm allergic to nuts! So, Carrie is doing me a big favor. You can do me a big favor by going out and buying a bar in my honor (or in my dogs' honor... three pit bulls means three chocolate bars for you!).

1 comment:

  1. yay! thank you so much for choosing me as a person you like. <3
    happy belated pittie awareness day!

    ReplyDelete