Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gill Gillono likes Merry Hempsters Vegan Lip Balm

The Vegan Person I Like today is Gill Gillono. Gill is a Chicago Vegan scene staple who you can usually find smiling or offering a hug or up to her armpits in the nearest garbage can fishing out all of the recyclables and compostables because SOMEONE just chucked it all in there together like a neanderthal! My favorite thing about Gill is the innate value that she sees in every single thing, person, or animal she encounters. She is "too good" for no one and as a result, is the most amazing bridge builder in our vegan community. She brings people together and creates solid, diverse community amongst those who have existed alongside each other for years but never had this catalyst to connect. You can find her doing all kinds of things like Greening (a fancy term for joyfully separating trash!) at Chicago VeganMania (and about a dozen other events and places including the park near her home). She also supports our pit bull friends (she lives with two) by devoting her time to Don't Bully My Breed. She also recently organized a bike ride fundraiser for Chicago's nearby Wedrose Acres animal sanctuary in Gridley, IL where she organizes a monthly vegan potluck which is open to anyone who wishes to attend.

The Vegan Thing Gill Likes is Merry Hempsters Vegan Lip Balms.

Photo from MerryHempsters.com.
As a nature loving, non makeup wearing Vegan gal I realize the importance of cruelty free moisturizers. I am also a Freegan who does not shop unless absolutely necesarry. One of my biggest pet peeves is dry skin, including my lips. I've yet to find a Vegan lipbalm while dumpstering so I was thrilled when the Merry Hempsters generously offered free samples of their Vegan lip balm to all of our riders on our recent 1st Annual Two day Vegan BikeRide for Wedrose Acres. This stuff Rocks! It comes in a variety of flavors, it isn't oily, it lasts, it's made from Hemp which is another favorite product of mine, it's all natural, over 70% organic, certified Vegan, no bees were harmed & it feels great! The company is super kind, generous& supportive of local causes, as well. I'm kind of addicted & when I run out of my sample tube I will venture out of my comfort zone & actually walk in the front door of a store to get more which is a testimony to how much I dig this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment